Monday, July 20, 2009

Finally On The Road

We were ready to leave the State Park when Mike noticed that he needed a prescription filled. He drove into Lewisburg, while I took the bus over the mountain to hook up at I-80. I was quite proud of myself for getting over the very twisty mountain road. I met Mike at at restaurant. He was upset, in true Mikey...hopping mad...they could not fill the script, and messages to the Dr. were not returned. He was like a bear who lost the honey jar...
He wanted to stay. I wanted to go...I win. Off west down I-80, a road I never traveled. It is a nice drive really. Since I 80 in Ohio is a turnpike, I think we should charge, small amounts. You would not beleive the trucks...thousands of trucks.
We decided to stop at Mercer, about 40 miles from the Ohio boarder. There was a KOA , which due to roadwork was nearly impossible finding. At one point I am going down a very rural road thinking I am sooooo lost....then a sharp curve, which the bus barely makes....and over a iron bridge over a creek. The load limit is 17 tons, damn I am nearly 16 tons Please don't fail now bridge... we finally made it.
Mike tried the Doctors again. He figured he was going to have to go back to Enola and talk to the Doctor. He was not getting much help from the nurse and it was like poking a rattlesnake...On Tuesday he went all the way back to across the state of PA to get the script. I spent most of the day reading. It is a real luxury to just sit all day and read, like the summers when I was a girl.
We stayed until July 16th. We went swimming which was very nice. I forgot how much fun it was to play in the pool. Dakota is feeling better now too, she has figured out that she gets more walks, although she can't roam freely. She is happy to meet all the kids who want to pat her. She actually started smiling. I think she misses the house and her bird friends.
Mercer is north of Pittsburgh There was a huge shopping/ outlet center there...boring
There is an old inn there. we didn't sightsee. Mercer itself is a nice little town and the people there were very nice to us.

Half a month on the road and we are still in PA. I was ready to go........

1 comment:

  1. This blog needs more pictures. You can add them when you edit the post.

    ReplyDelete