Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blast Off

Moving, storing, organizing for this trip was like a 2 month full on 8 diameters labor pain.
Nearly wiped me out... Sean was right. I should have just got a big dumpster and trashed it all.

Then to add to the chaos, we were still moving out of the house, while our friends were moving in..you can imagine. who's box is this anyway??? Poor Dakota, the dog, didn't know where to go or what to do....so we spent 2 days outside the house getting everything together, worrying wheather our crazy neighbor would cause a problem.

Finally on July 1st we started off on the maiden voyage, off to County Haven Campground New Holland, PA.

This campground is in the middle of Amish country, situated on the side of a mountain overlooking the valley,near Spring Gulch folk festival area. The view was amazing. At night there were a million fireflies, creating a fairie dance of light. I never saw such a sight.

We found an Amish bakery across the street. I made the mistake of letting Mike go in while I held the dog. 15 minutes later Mike comes out carrying 2 big sacks of bake goods. "The bread was coming right out of the oven I had to get that, and the jellies looked so good, and I had to get these donuts...Look at these Boston Cremes..they are the size of a small football"
so much for my diet.

We learned about the RV here..How to set up, hook up, etc. It had wifi and cable so we were able to slowly adjust to a slower way of life. I asked the RV what was her name..I asked 2 times and got the same answer. The RV's name is Agatha. yea I thought it was strange too.. but it turns out Agatha means good. So that seemed a good sign..and so Agatha she is

My "cousin" Jean Cunningham Semder Schaefer had a great 4th of July party. It was great to see "my real family" before we drive off into the sunset. Thanks Jean

The time at Country Haven gave me the opportunity to finally un stress. I could take a deep breath and undo some of the stress. There were still some stressors...I hadn't sold my car yet.

so July 7th we were back in Enola. The Creator answers prayers. I got a call from a lady who wanted to buy the car for her son who was going to college. Perfect .

Next Agatha goes North



No comments:

Post a Comment